Investigating all aspects of the paranormal

Sunday, December 23, 2018

So you want to be a ghost hunter? pt 4





    So far we talked about some of the more common physical dangers that go along with ghost hunting. In part 4, I’m going to talk about some of the non-physical dangers and annoyances that go along with opening those metaphysical doors. It takes a special personality and spirit to work in this field, especially when the spirits you’re searching for decide to come home with you or any member of your group. This is normal and will happen eventually to anyone doing this type of work. All the protection in the world won’t stop the inevitable, it will attach to you at some point in time. I get spirits following me home quite often and they will even follow the people I take along. If a spirit does follow you home, you need not worry; it’s not the end of the world. Sometimes these spirits will show themselves to you right away and other times after a day or two. If you don’t want them in your home, simply tell them to leave immediately and sometimes you might have to do this a few times before they listen to you. When you tell them to leave, you must use a strong and very firm voice with absolutely no fear or doubt. Tell them that you’re the one in control, not them and that they must go back from where it is they come from. We recently did an old abandoned water treatment plant and after we got to my home after finishing with the investigation, a spirit followed my partner in through my front door. I immediately commanded it to leave my home and to go back to the treatment plant. A few hours later, I saw it again in my living room and again commanded it to leave and to go back to the treatment plant. I never saw it again after the second command.

    If you do ghost hunting and other paranormal investigations as long as I’ve done, you’ll start to open many doors into their realm and they will be attracted to your spiritual vibration. I come across a fatal car accident once and had to sit there for about an hour before the police let us continue on. That night after I went to bed, I started to see a partial apparition and it felt as if someone was trying to get my attention. It felt like someone was very panic stricken, yelling inside my mind screaming for help. I started talking to him, telling him that he was involved in a fatal car accident. I told him to calm down, not to panic and that I want you to realize that you have died and you’re no longer alive. The panic that I was feeling in my mind stopped and I told him that if he wanted to that he could stay in my house till it was time for him to move on. Occasionally a spirit will follow you home, only wanting help from you and you’ll need to learn and know the difference.

    Sometimes when they follow you home, you can’t or won’t be able to get rid of a spirit. These can be very troublesome to you, as they will start showing themselves while you’re dressing, taking a shower and just doing household chores. I have one that followed me home from the Price City Cemetery 9 years ago and it still shows itself in my home as a black shadow person that I can’t get rid of. I’ve moved to three different homes and it still shows up wherever I go. I set up a night vision video camera in front of a large mausoleum then knocked on the door asking it to please come out so that I can take your picture. She did come out and started to appear as a very dark shadow, followed me home and I’ve tried for nine years to banish her from my home with absolutely no luck at all. You can command these types to go back to where they come from, but will always reappear after a few days. You can invoke or call upon the name of Jesus Christ, sage your home or try using a priest, but they will always come back after a short time away.

    Another type of spiritual problem that you could quite possibly run into is a possession of either yourself or to a team member. You’ll have to act very quickly in getting and maintaining control of the individual, because you never know what might happen. It could take three big people to control one person who becomes possessed. They could run off into the dark falling through a hole in the floor, jump through a broken window or possibly take off out of control running out of the building and onto a road or whatever else might be out there. I’ve seen this happen before and quick response and action is a must.

    Ghost hunting and other paranormal investigations can be very interesting and rewarding, but one needs to be very prepared in this field of work. You have all the right equipment to do a good job with, but there’s more than just a standard first aid kit. You need to know what to expect, your surroundings at all times, how to deal with the unexpected, both physical and non-physical and most importantly, to protect the people you work with or anyone you take along with you. I didn’t cover every safety topic in this 4 part series, but touched upon some of the dangers and problems associated with this work that I’ve personally encountered. Remember to use common sense and you shouldn’t get into trouble. Have a safe time and happy hunting.


Ron Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment